A criminal defense attorney will work to call the witnesses of your case and then cross checking the witnesses that are put forward by the prosecution. Besides, the attorney also has many more works. Find their works below.
· Discuss a deal with the prosecutor and also with you. It is also called plea bargains that may decrease the potential sentence for you or eliminate the charges against you. Yet, you can negotiate the prosecutors by yourself without any assistance of an attorney.
· Discover the best sentencing program for your case. In the criminal case, the attorney will work to prevent the winding back in the justice system. For example, if you are arrested for drug problem, the attorney will make a sentencing program so that you will be only 6 months in prison instead of 10 months. The remaining 4 months are for drug treatment.
· Assisting you in facing the high emotions during the criminal trials.
· The criminal defense attorney will provide reality check so it assists you to accept or don’t accept the plea bargain of the prosecutor.
· Point out the crucial regulations and legal rules that can’t be found by yourself.
· Direct your case into the legal system of the state. It is not only the written rules but also the unwritten rules.
· Tell about the consequence of the pleading guilty like the difficulty to find a job after the punishment completed.
· He will spend more effort and his time to handle your case.
· More easily gather the evidence as well as the witnesses’ statements. If a defendant does it by himself, he will do it difficulty because most witnesses don’t want to talk to someone they think as a criminal. Meanwhile, the attorney can talk to the witnesses more easily to know their upcoming testimony.
· Investigate to find evidence to make the testimony less believable.
· The criminal defense attorney may also help finding expert witnesses that may be helpful in the case.